Do you long for a place where your children can learn at their own pace and be equipped to thrive in today’s world?
Our mission is to inspire each child who enters our doors to find a calling that will change the world.
Learning at Acton
Learning to Learn
Socratic Discussions and self- paced challenges equip children to be independent lifelong learners.
Learning to Do
Hands-on Quests for Science, Entrepreneurship and the Arts prepare children for apprenticeships and real world challenges.
Learning to Be
The Hero’s Journey, relational covenants and real world consequences transform difficult decisions into virtuous habits.
How are we different?
Traditional Elementary School
- Standardized Test Preparation
- Curriculum Determined by Adults
- Standardized Test Administration
- Limited content based on grade level
- Teachers teach material
- One grade level per classroom
- Monday through Friday schedule
- Students work to master courses
Acton Academy Elementary Studio
- Parents can opt-in to standardized tests, but no studio time is spent practicing test items
- Curriculum determined by young heroes
- No homework
- Unlimited content
- Guides lead heroes through questioning prompts to encourage critical thinking and problem solving
- One-room schoolhouse / multi-age classroom
- Tuesday through Friday schedule
- Heroes seek to find their passions and callings
Our Promises to Your Child
– begin a Hero’s Journey.
– learn to be a curious, independent, life-long learner.
– develop a deep respect for economic, political and religious freedoms.
– cherish the arts, wonders of the physical world and the mysteries of life on Earth.
– discover your most precious gifts and learn to use them to solve difficult problems.
Children’s Business Fair
Observe the opportunity for children to launch their very own startup business!
Kids develop a brand, create a product or service, build a marketing strategy, and then open for customers at our one-day marketplace.